The Farmhouse Restaurant is one of Branson restaurants that offers tourists and locals alike a delightful home-style favorites. Located on Main Street near the historic downtown area in Branson, Farmhouse Restaurant is one of the finest eateries in the area that offers great food that tastes so savory like it was cooked in a real country kitchen. At the Farmhouse Restaurant, you can enjoy heaps of platters of country-fried steaks and buttery mashed potatoes. This unique Branson restaurant features a gift shop upstairs where every guest may find an array of household items, great merchandise for gift-giving, and collectible items.
At the Farmhouse Restaurant, you can have a feast with its long list of specialties and some of these maybe your home-style favorites. These specialties include:
1. Chicken Fried Steak (all white meat) served with gravy, mashed potatoes, choice of one side and biscuit;
2. Two Piece Chicken (all white meat) served with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a choice of one side and biscuit;
3. Flame-Grilled Pork Chop (8 ounce French cut pork chop with own seasonings) served with your choice of two sides and a biscuit;
4. Whole Catfish (7 ounce farm-raised catfish lightly hand-breaded with your choice of two sides and a biscuit;
5. Chicken & Dumplings, served with mashed potatoes, gravy, choice of one side and biscuit;
6. Chicken Tenders (Strips of white meat hand-breaded and served with choice of two sides & a side of ranch); and
7. Shrimp Plate (6 large shrimp, French fries, hush puppies & a dinner salad).
Side dishes of Farmhouse Restaurant include French Fries, Fried Okra, Red Skin Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potato, Coleslaw, Cinnamon Apples, Whole Kernel Corn, Green Beans, and Potato Salad. The restaurant offers free refills on soft drinks, coffee and tea. Desserts include Blackberry Cobbler (the restaurant signature item), Apple Maple Pie, Apple Dumpling, Cherry Pie, Vanilla or Cinnamon Ice cream, and Barq’ Root Beer Float.
After you have enjoyed sumptuous meal at the Farmhouse Restaurant, don’t forget to visit their gift shop upstairs. Look for the best of the Ozark’s original item, Mema’s Manna Cookbooks personally signed by “Mema” Mary Boll. The gift shop features great items such as dinnerware with word scripture, Farmhouse mason jars, shirts, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, jams, jellies and more. You can also find Leanin’ Tree greeting cards, magnets, mugs and coasters, and aprons for the big and little family chefs.
Some great finds in the shop include wall art and signs of inspiration and humor including the primitives by Kathy and Signs of the Thymes, Barbour books (planners, fictional reading and little books of encouragement and humor). Other interesting items at the shop include Shepherd of the Hills books and CDs, music of pianist Jim McDonough, fashion jewelry, scarves, tabletop water fountains, men’s and ladies accessories, and many more. This little shop at the Farmhouse Restaurant is really packed with shopping opportunities.
If you want to experience a different feeling of dining, visit the Farmhouse Restaurant in Branson that offers everyone a delightful home-style favorites.
Return to the Branson Cabins Blog Home