Christmas attractions in Branson are some of the reasons why many visitors consider this popular vacation spot in the Ozarks a favorite place to visit during the holiday season.
Branson hosts countless entertainment shows including concerts, comedy, magic, gospel, and of course, Christmas shows that the whole family wants to enjoy during the holiday. Some of the Christmas attractions in Branson include the Silver Dollar City Old Time Christmas Shows, Christmas Wonderland at King’s Castle Theatre, Polar Express, Branson’s Gift of Lights, Trail of Lights at the Shepherd of the Hills, and Branson Landing’s Winter WonderLanding.
1. An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City is one of the most awaited Christmas attractions in Branson that begins from November 4 to December 30. This popular theme park will be transformed into a glittering Christmas wonderland. You will be fascinated with the 1.5 million lights that adorned the park, thousands of trees that are adorned with dazzling lights and everywhere you look, you’ll discover the true spirit of the holiday during this glorious Christmas season.
As you spend a wonderful time at “An Old Time Christmas” at Silver Dollar City, you’ll get to enjoy two Broadway-style theater productions, as well as delicious holiday meals and special treats like hot wassail, hot apple dumplings with cinnamon ice cream, and tasty cappuccino. Weather permitting, you’ll get the chance to ride at some of the more than 30 thrilling rides, watch entertainment shows, and enjoy great holiday shopping in every corner at Jingle Bell Junction where you’ll find it exciting to see 80 themed Christmas trees.
2. Christmas Wonderland at King’s Castle Theatre is another most awaited Christmas attraction in Branson where you’ll see great features of colorful costumes, exuberant choreography, and magnificent harmonies of an incredibly talented cast of performers. Christmas Wonderland is a lavish production that will take you on a musical journey from the North Pole to California and make you feel the true spirit of the holiday season.
This captivating show will make you sing along to your favorite holiday tunes as the energetic members of the cast stir the old classics back to life with distinctive and uplifting renditions of ‘White Christmas,’ ‘Happy Holidays,’ ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas,’ ‘The First Noel,’ and so much more.
3. The Polar Express on Branson Scenic Railway is also one of the most awaited Christmas attractions in Branson where you can experience a Christmas magic train ride that departs out of the Branson Railroad Depot. This magical journey to the North Pole allows kids to meet Santa, do some caroling and a chance to enjoy hot cocoa and other sweet treats. Celebrating Christmas on The Polar Express is made even better on a fascinating train ride with Branson Scenic Railway chugging miles across the Missouri area.
The holiday ride experience with the Polar Express is hosted annually several weekends during November and December. The train journey takes just over an hour, and you can get the chance to see plenty of dazzling holiday lights while on the way to the North Pole.
4. Branson’s Gift of Lights is also one of the most awaited Christmas attractions in Branson that offers the utmost fun and excitement that is sure to light up your holiday escapade in Branson. It’s wonderful to experience the magic of Christmas from the comfort of your vehicle as you drive through Branson’s Gift of Lights. Your drive through experience on this 1.2-mile route will be filled with Christmas spirit as you see super bright LED lights displaying out favorite Christmas characters and scenes.
Great Christmas light displays don’t just make the drive-thru at Branson’s Gift of Lights memorable. As you drive, you can turn on your radio and bring the magic right into your car. You’ll hear Christmas tunes on the radio and see children enjoying spectacular displays in every corner.
5. Trail of Lights at the Shepherd of the Hills is another drive-through Christmas attraction in Branson that brings the holiday season to life. The Trail of Lights features a spectacular drive-thru animation display along on a two-mile trail that provides a holiday theme from start to end. You will drive through the 160 acre Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and into the very heart of the festivity.
This most awaited Christmas attraction in Branson is comprised of millions of lights that brighten each night during the holiday season. During the evening, you can enjoy a great time seeing every decorated Christmas tree and some of the world’s tallest light displays. This fascinating Trail of lights Display at the Shepherd of the Hills is sure to be a favorite spot to visit during Christmas, making it one of the most beloved holiday events in Branson.
6. Branson Landing’s Winter WonderLanding is also one of the most awaited Christmas attractions in Branson where shoppers find it great to enjoy early Christmas shopping. Branson Landing is a popular shopping paradise in the Ozarks where you can find a wide variety of retail and specialty shops.
In the first week of November all through Christmas Eve, Branson Landing is transformed into a Winter WonderLanding. This winter event kicks off each year with the “Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Parade. All of the shops at the landing go all out with their holiday decorations.
On the promenade of Branson’s Landing Winter Wonderland, you’ll find it fascinating to see the fifty-foot tall Christmas tree. At the base of the Christmas tree, you will find Santa Claus in his treehouse. You can have a photo opportunity with the background of Santa and there are even special dates that pets can be brought to have a picture taken with a jolly man.
In addition to Santa Claus's visit, you’ll be amused by the musical performances, parades, and special food displays which are sure to give you fun and excitement. As you go with the kids around the area, don’t miss the chance to see the Santa Claus and feast on the holiday decorations.
So, if you visit the Ozarks region during the holiday season, be sure to visit the 6 most awaited Christmas attractions in Branson and see for yourself why tourists keep on coming back to the Ozarks.